Sunday, December 20, 2009

Where's All the Snow?

Well, the Big Story was supposed to be the weather. The nor'easter that came up the East Coast dumped feet of snow on many places, and crippled those cities that are usually not prepared for a dusting, let alone a storm of this magnitude. Pennsylvania wasn't totally spared, and York County had to declare a state of emergency. But here where I am, we only got a bit more than an inch. So while I'm sorry for those with cars to dig out and walks to shovel and streets to plow, I'm happy it isn't me. Is that selfish? I don't think so, because we're sure to see our share before the end of winter.

Today was Welsh Cookie day. Those rather plain, not-quite-sweet gems that go so well with coffee or tea. They get mixed up, rolled out and cooked on a griddle on top of the stove, much like a pancake. They are time-consuming to make but some people in this family do enjoy them so I make them. I like them myself, though I wouldn't miss them if they weren't here. Now all the cookies are done, and I'm left with only Rol-Zels and Dipp Stix to do. Uh, well, maybe not quite. There is the Christmas dinner to do, Turkey, ham, (somebody is bringing the ham), meat balls, potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans, stuffing, blah, blah, blah.

Off I go, to tidy, vacuum, and wrap, and make one last list for the store for last-minute store stuff. After that, I'm left with to Tree or Not to Tree, that is the question.

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment