Saturday, December 19, 2009

Cookies!!

So far, the cookie stash is piling up. Seven batches of various kinds and if I can get the rest of the clutter put away/thrown away, I'll be almost ready for Christmas.

This morning, around 5:30ish, I put the first tray of Crackle Tops in the oven. When I finished baking that batch, I started on Chocolate Chip, and was moving right along, until I took the first tray out of the oven. Oh, woe is me! The parchment paper slipped off the tray as I lifted it out of the oven, dumping the entire dozen hot cookies right into the crevice of the door. You don't want to know what I said. And continued to say as I scooped the mess into the trash. You can bet I was very careful with subsequent trays.

I have finished cleaning up the aftermath of all this frenzied baking and just finished eating lunch. I know, I know, it's only 11:30, but I've been up since One AM.

Now that my break is over, I suppose I'd better get to the rest of the chores that await my attention. (My horoscope today advises me that "tasks fall by the wayside like wheat felled by a sharpened scythe." I never believe that crap, (Isn't that typical of a Libra?), but I certainly hope this is the one that comes true.

No comments:

Post a Comment