Tuesday, December 15, 2009

This Closet's a Mess!

'Tis the season...And getting ready for the fast-approaching holiday means cleaning, of course...Especially tough this year, since I was "feeling poorly" for nigh on to two years...A cancer diagnosis/surgery/chemo rendered me useless for the first six months of this year, but I'm trying to pick up speed and that means getting in the corners...

The laughingly-called linen closet at the top of the stairs is sort of a repository for all things not otherwise classified...Time to venture in there...

I have a lifetime supply of light bulbs...100 watt, 60 watt, and some unidentifiable wattage...Candle-shaped bulbs and "green" bulbs...Also three extra-high wattage bulbs for reading...Note to self: Don't buy bulbs!

Have towels I haven't used in quite a while, which means more than I need...

Keep toilet tissue in here and believe me, I have lots...And I WILL buy more...I have an unreasonable fear of running out of T.P. so I buy jumbo packs of jumbo rolls...

I did not realize how many extension cords and the things that you can plug about six different things into and they kick off if there's an overload...You know what I mean but I can't remember what they're called...And they're just the extra ones...

Well, it's all tidied up now and that brings me to the super duper hint for the day...

Do not throw away the empty T.P./paper towel/wrapping paper rolls...They have a real purpose...

Measure one of your extension cords, mark the length on an empty T.P. roll, coil up the cord and slide it into the roll. Isn't that the neatest thing? Now do the same thing with all the other cords.

The paper towel rolls are good for those SURGE PROTECTORS!! that's what they're called!!, because the cords to those are heavy duty and don't fit if you coil them too small.

The wrapping paper rolls can be cut to size if need be, but even better for your boots if you leave them long, fold them in half and insert into your boots. Keeps 'em from falling over in the closet...

Coffee's finished, post is done, break is over...On to the laughingly-called coat closet...What treasures await?

No comments:

Post a Comment