Sunday, August 10, 2014

It's Working...

Remember when I told you I was going to try to be a loser?  Of course you do - it was only six weeks ago.  In any case, it does seem to be happening.

On June 17, when I began obeying the command of my P.T., I stopped eating my every-morning bagel with cream cheese.  Now this is not just an ordinary bagel.  No, sir.  This is a B-I-G bagel and the cream cheese is applied liberally.  Liberally, I tell you.  And this was my morning routine every single day.  I bought bagels at a local supermarket and when they were "buy 6, get 6 free", I brought them home, sliced them and put them in a freezer bag.  Each morning, I would take a bagel out of the freezer and by the time I had finished my first cup of coffee, the bagel was thawed and I put it in the toaster oven to warm.  Lots of cream cheese and my second cuppa and life was a joy.  But, nay, nay to the carb-loaded goodness.

Second thing I gave up was Pepsi Max.  Now this is a diet Pepsi without the bitter aftertaste of most diet drinks.  But I quit it and substituted with water and decaf Iced Tea.

I'm eating lots of grains and fruit and chicken.  White bread is a uh-uh.  I eat a Wegman's loaf of Ancient Grains with cranberries.  Very nice.

We were on vaca last week and my P.T. told me that I could have a bagel or two since this was a vacation.  MOF, he actually went and bought fresh bagels and cr.ch.  I indulged, but it wasn't the same.  Nothing especial.  Not even a treat.  Nor was the ice cream cone I had on a boardwalk night.

I'm thinking that my previous cravings are leaving my brain - after all, eight weeks makes a habit, right?  Am I right?  Okay, except for Herr's Honey Barbecue Potato Chips.  That one's taking a little longer to break.

The upshot of this is that despite having an intractable Plantar Fasciitis (two injections; ice packs; stretching exercises; rolling a ball with my foot, haven't worked) that has severely limited my ability to walk for exercise, I have managed to lose nine pounds in seven and a half weeks.  If I can find someone who can fix this foot without surgery, I'll be moving well enough to take off another nine in even less time. 

Even with a bag of chips in my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment