Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Doin' It...

A series of unfortunate incidences caused me to put on some weight due to medication and inactivity. Now, my Personal Trainer has suggested I might begin again to do what I did three years ago and "get the lead out - and the lard off!"

Eating right has not been a priority, although I don't seem to eat more than any other person and a lot less than some. So, it all comes down to inactivity. I'm cutting out sweets and trying to get at least 10-15 minutes of walking a day (for starters) and water, water, water. Chair Squats and Shoulder Presses are part of the regimen.

So, plenty of protein, fresh veggies and fruits, nuts, grains, water. As much exercise as I can handle, and gradually increasing as tolerated.

I'm not fat. I'm only doing this because I don't have many clothes left that fit and they seem to be making Mediums much skimpier lately. Besides, shopping in the "Plus Size" department doesn't sound like a place I care to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment