Sunday, May 18, 2014

Do-Over

I was getting ready to write a post about last evening's Ballet Danse, the recital in which my two little dancing granddaughters danced in Jack and the Beanstalk. The older girl, nearing 13, has been dancing for nine years, and this was her first year on pointe. She danced the part of a cloud as three girls, dancing as birds, danced as if in the sky. Our girl was graceful and smiling and very confident in her ability on pointe.

The Little Sister, almost nine, has been dancing for six years. She was a Court Performer in the giant's castle, and was quite proficient in her one-handed cartwheels, her walk-overs, and her "coffee grinders". She's a bundle of energy on stage and a joy to watch.

Anyway, to get back to the first sentence of this post, when I read last year's post, it was almost the same. Except this year, the Big Girl was also dancing in the Senior section and her dance was a tribute to the Boston Red Sox. As the shortest, she got a lot of front row time and Lordy! can she dance!

So, just as I told you last year at this time, there will be another recital next weekend for Jazz, Tap, and Hip-Hop. They both dance all three of those disciplines so back to the flower shop for more tribute bouquets.

I suppose I could just skip the annual Dance Report, but then I wouldn't get to brag about the Tiny Dancers.

No comments:

Post a Comment