Saturday, May 14, 2011

Somebody Got it Right

From time to time, we read about a new product that promises to be better than anything you've used in the past. We see commercials on TV for new products all the time. That doesn't mean the product(s) will be available in your area when the ad appears. Or here comes your Sunday paper with all those wonderful coupon supplements enclosed offering cents-off on a new product and after cutting them out and heading for the market, they aren't carrying the product yet. Very frustrating when the product seems like something you'd use. By the time the product arrives in the market, the coupon has expired. Don't we all hesitate to take a chance on an untried product without a price reduction?
Recently, there appeared a coupon for a new quick-cooking pasta. Now, pasta is not exactly an all day project to cook, but when a product is offering to cut the cooking time in half, my ears perk up. So I cut out the coupon and took it with me on my next shopping trip. Lo and behold, there it was, on the shelf, the new product for which I had a generous coupon, which the cashier doubled.
Last night, I tried it out. Put hot water from the tap into the pot. When it came to a boil, which took no time since it started from hot, I put in the pasta. I set the timer for three and a half minutes. Took out the garbage, washed up a few dishes, and the timer went off. Strained the perfectly al dente pasta, and enjoyed my dinner. Lightning fast and good tasting. So I am happy to continue to purchase the new product, even at full price, since it is as advertised. If only all of life went as promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment