Sunday, May 1, 2011

New News

Despite promises to do better, and failing to do so, and apologizing for same, it seems I haven't improved. Soooo, see preceding sentence. Rinse and repeat.
For your enlightenment and edification, much has happened that you don't know about. Yet. For openers, I have a new grandchild. That would be Number 11. A lovely little girl. The F's outnumber the M's in Grandchild Land. At least in this family. Funny, since all of my personal output is M. Out of the 11 Grands, only three are of the M variety. But this newest one is cute and I think we'll keep her. She was baptized on Easter Sunday and I guess that makes her official.

Now lest you think that I have no other new news, I've got news for you! You betcha I do! On Friday, I was informed that I now have my first Great Grandchild. Yes, you read that right. I, so young, am a Great Granny. The child of my eldest granddaughter. Also a girl. Also cute. She gave her Mom a rough couple of months by threatening the very body struggling to produce her. Granddaughter was on bed rest for a couple of months for very serious health reasons, attributable in full to the Fruit of the Womb. But now it's over and all are doing well.

Oh, yes, we also went to the circus. We do so every year and the two little girls, ages nine and five, look forward to it with great anticipation. The older of the two is enthralled by every aspect - from the clown who entertains during the set-up and the take-down between acts to the wire walkers to the animals and the motorcyclists in the Cage of Death. The younger sits quietly and waits for the cotton candy vendor. Once she has that in her hands, (and her face and her hair and her clothes) she is content.

And I had an Oncologist appointment last week and all seems to be well in that department. He gave me the go-ahead to buy green bananas so I must be okay.

Stay tuned - you never know when something new will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment