Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year

I promised myself that I would try to do better this year. I thought I would make an effort to add a little something to this page every day of 2012. You see how that worked out?

I also promised myself that I would lose that last 15 pounds. The pounds that left off getting lost when I got sick with a strange breathing disturbance (okay, my COPD kicked in) and had to take prednisone for 10 days. Ever take prednisone? It's a type of steroid - not the anabolic kind that athletes take - and it has a strange effect on me. It makes me eat. I'm not really hungry. I just want to eat. So I put on a couple of pounds while the prednisone was coursing around in my body. Then Christmas was here and there was a lot of eating just because there was so much around to eat. Now, just so you know, it really was only a couple, well, three, pounds. But when I went on the losing weight quest back in May, I was aiming for a reduction of 30-ish pounds. I had only dropped 15 when I filled my prescription for prednisone, so I have to work on losing the rest. If I can make myself as motivated as I was last year, I should be at my goal by end-of- February-mid-March-the-latest. The weather is supposed to be 40s-50s all week so I should be able to get back into the walk-every-day mode.

And if I don't get to that point by mid-March, well, maybe I can at least do better with coming here on a regular basis. For now, I guess it's time to start putting away the Christmas decor. I didn't really go crazy putting stuff up so I don't have a lot to take down. I was pretty happy with the tree. I only put glass hearts and glass drops on the tree with white lights. I thought it was understated and elegant.

So a week into the new year and I have my goals. Let's see how well I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment