Monday, August 22, 2011

This is for My Follower

As of today, I have succeeded in losing 15 pounds. I'm walking a mile every day. (Well, almost every day) Except when it rains and thunders and lightnings. I'm prudent.
We went to Wildwood Crust this month and had a lovely time. I'm in such good shape, I managed to walk the boardwalk without stopping to rest every 15 feet. Even walked around the Cape May Zoo and was disappointed when everybody else was ready to leave and I was still having fun.
This past weekend, I went on an excursion with my #2 son out to Williamsport. No, not to the LL World Series. He had a bit of business to attend and then we spent the rest of the trip checking out the sights. Drove slowly along Millionaire's Row and marveled at the homes that were built back in the days when lumber was king. Many of them look well-maintained but some are showing their age and lack of TLC. Quite a few rented out as apartments for college students. Penn College of Technology and Lycoming College are there.
The downtown seems to have quite a few independent shops (as opposed to chains) and then suddenly, we were in a parking lot, surrounded on three sides by brick buildings and all three covered in a spectacular mural. Depictions of people who had a part in the history of the city. And the detail is amazing. If you have time to just go for a ride some weekend, do head out to Billtown and check out this gem on Fourth St. Take your camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment