Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Water, Water Everywhere

Shades of Samuel Coleridge Taylor. Rain just keeps falling and doesn't seem like it plans on stopping any time soon. My walks have been severely curtailed, and today, I said, "That'll do."

Near my house there's a strip mall with an overhanging canopy the length of the mall. I parked my car at one end and walked briskly to the other end. Then I crossed the parking lot and went to the pharmacy where I had a prescription refill waiting. It was drizzling when I crossed but I toughed it out and didn't unfurl the umbrella I had brought along. Got my scrip and crossed back over to the mall walk. Briskly walked back to where my car was parked, (conveniently close to the dollar store) and did a quick turn in there.

Now the rain has continued through the day and I won't be going on my usual nightly mile-and-a-half. How am I supposed to continue my weight loss if I can't get my exercise? No, I can't do jumping jacks nor can I jog in place. But I can ponder where my next improv walk will be when the rain continues tomorrow. Which the weather forecast says it will. In the meantime, I'll work on my jigsaw puzzle and try not to think about the brownies in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment