Saturday, January 30, 2010

Where've You Been?

I have learned, much to my chagrin, that I'm sometimes empty. And in the world of blogging, that's apparently not a good thing. Not, that is, according to the prolific bloggers who manage to blog every. single. day. And so they do their best to make me feel inadequate, unworthy, and incapable by calling attention to the fact that I'm not always here.

First, I'm not always here because I have other things to do. Things that take priority over blogging. Like what, you ask? Like seeing one of my many health care practitioners. Like going for blood work. Like CT scans and colonoscopies. Going to the drug store to pick up prescriptions and refills of same. Now to all you folks who think not blogging every. single. day. makes me ineligible to have a computer, much less a blog, I hope you feel very, very small for judging me in the face of my health issues.

Second, I also have grandchildren who require, nay, love, Grandma's attention. Since said grands don't live with me, I have to get in my car and drive to where they live so that takes me away from my blog on occasion. And the kids don't judge me for not blogging every. single. day.

Third, and finally, the judgemental bloggers who rave on about those among us who fail miserably at the blogging game, the ones who post every. single. day., are more often than not lacking in ideas for a meaningful post and simply put out reams of drivel, pointless and banal blatherings that neither inform or interest, simply to be able to feel superior to the rest of us.

's okay. In the Archives of Life, when the blogs are lined up, The Critic will write, "She was busy beating The Big C." That, mon ami, trumps yours every. single. day.

No comments:

Post a Comment